Thursday, October 2, 2008

They're 21.

jam du jour: Sexy Love - Ne-Yo

I should sleep; I've got a mental health quiz tomorrow morning and I should really wake up early to get reacquainted with the material so I should sleep, but I of course remembered what today was and felt the need to jot something down. Okay, so jot may not be the correct term, but I'm sure you won't hold it against me.

Today is October 2, 2008. It is the 21st birthday of Kuya Angelo Aquino and Yumi Chloe Song. I will not be able to celebrate either of these milestones with either of them. For one thing, Kuya Angelo is on his first, and God willing final, tour in Iraq; therefore he is celebrating his birthday over there. As for Yumi, she's celebrating her day with God and all our dearly departed loved ones. Happy birthday to those two amazing people, but I must admit that it's a little upsetting that I won't be able to physically see them and celebrate their twenty-first birthdays with either of them. I can't help but flashback to high school where we would talk about how trashed we'd get them on their birthdays and such; how things have changed, none of went as planned. So I may not see them, but I can celebrate it. Yeah, I can celebrate it.

I think it's Yumi that has made me the most upset about today; she's not physically here. Kuya Angelo, though not present in the United States, is, but she's not. It's a sad reminder that she's no longer here. But I shouldn't be spending today, her birthday, thinking about her death. Instead, I should be celebrating and rejoicing in her birth and that, my friends, is how I will get by. So even though it sucks, for lack of a better word, to not be able to really hug, surprise, greet, and celebrate Kuya Angelo and Yumi's birthdays with them, it's their birthday and it calls for a celebration all around. They know I love them and that I'm wishing them happy birthday and that's what matters.

Happy Birthday Kuya Angelo & Yumi!
Kuya, have fun, but as always, please be safe. Come home safe.
Yumi, I feel your presence everyday; I know you're here but I wish you were here.
I love you and miss you both dearly; more than any words could ever convey.

Celebrate the day, celebrate your loved ones.

No comments: